- Numerous people and their institutions are kindly acknowledged for providing assistance with literature, collection information, and digital images of herbarium specimens (in alphabetical order): R. V. Alves (R), A. Anderberg (S), C. Aupic (P), G. Aymonin (P), G. Barboza (CORD), H. Barnes (MEL), C. Braeuchler (M), P. Bungener (G), M. Candida (SP), A. Doran (UC), S. Edwards (K), L. Ariza Espinar (CORD), H. Esser (M), B. Franzone (GH), N. Fumeaux (G), L. Gautier (G), J. Heinrichs (GOET), J. Hunnex (BM), M. L. Kawasaki (F), J.-N. Labat (P), P. Leitman (RB), C. Loup (P), V. Martins (R), P. Milne (MEL), A. Morley-Smith (K), C. Niezgoda (F), J. R. Pirani (SPF), H.-H. Poppendieck (HBG), L. Rossi (SP), O. Ryding (C), A. Smith (E), J. Solomon (MO), M. Steinhof (BREM), M. Stiffler (MO), B. Thiers (NY), H. Townsend (E), A. Vaughan (MEL), R. Vogt (B), E. Wood (A and GH), T. Zanoni (NY), and G. Zijlstra (U).
- I am especially grateful to J. Ditto (MO) for help with earlier versions of the database and to N. Turland (MO) for guidance regarding several particularly complex nomenclatural issues.
- Several volunteers are thanked for their assistance with data entry: Eugene Soo, Marti Moore, Audrey Wattler, Sharon Baldassare, and John Snodgrass.
- Computer and IT support was provided by Hong Song, Myriam Fica, Zubin Chandrin, Fred Keusenkothen, Jay Paige, and Bob Magill.
- I graciously thank Tony Dold (GRA) and Chris Dalzell (Durban Botanic Garden), Franck Rakotonasolo and Rolland Ranaivojaona (TAN), and Richard Razakamalala, Reza Ludovic, and Fidisoa Ratovoson (MBG-Madagascar) for assistance in the field.
- Financial support towards field work and herbarium research was generously provided by the Whitney R. Harris World Ecology Center at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, the William L. Brown Center at the Missouri Botanical Garden, and by Dr. Christopher Davidson of the Botanical Research Institute of Idaho.